Apollo Vredestein B.V. has an opening for:
Manager Plant Engineering
in the Plant Engineering department, based in Enschede
Apollo Vredestein B.V. is part of Apollo Tyres Ltd from India. Apollo Tyres is a multinational with offices and production locations in countries such as India, Hungary and the Netherlands. With its head office in London, Apollo Tyres Ltd is a young, dynamic company that takes pride in its unique identity.
Apollo Vredestein BV has its European head office in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. It designs, manufactures and sells high-quality tyres under the Apollo and Vredestein brand name via an extensive network of offices in Europe and North America.
As a member of the Operations Management team, you are responsible for managing (3 fte direct / 120 fte indirect) maintenance, plant engineering, utility management and the central workshop. In order to support our manufacturing organization in realizing their production ticket, the Plant Engineering department guarantees optimal availability of machinery, equipment, utilities and facilities against limited costs. On a yearly basis you prepare, execute and maintain CAPEX investments. Your focus is on supporting the business teams in Manufacturing by guaranteeing a quality mindset, continuous improvement and just in time availability and capability of machinery, equipment, utilities and facilities.
- Responsible and accountable for setting up and maintaining the annual engineering cost budget (OPEX) and plant investment budget (CAPEX)
- Realize machine and utilities targeted availability and capability by running an active preventive maintenance program and execute corrective maintenance
- Provide and maintain the contingency plan
- Manage reduction of energy consumption
- Arrange active support to Business Units for line improvement
- Ensure all activities are carried out in time and against strict safety guidelines
- Responsible for the execution of the RI&E
- Developing and empowering your teams and individual employees
- Bachelor/Master degree in technical management or business administration
- Knowledge (certified) of VCA, FMEA, Function-decomposing, Green Belt, ISO/TS16949, Asset Management
- At least 5 years’ experience in managing and developing technical oriented teams, preferably in automotive and an international environment
- Confident leader that can stand his ground
- Team player with strong project management, analytical, technical and strategic skills and capabilities
- Proven strong focus on cost control
- Personal competences; determined, pro-active, result oriented, emphatic and enthusiastic
- Safety orientation and proven skills in continuous improvement are a must
- Excellent communication skills at all levels of the organization, fluent in Dutch and English.
If you have the right profile and are interested in this role, send your motivation letter and
curriculum vitae to : SollicitatieEA@apollovredestein.com